[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Dr. Bhaskar Saha, Assistant Professor
(PhD in Department of Design, IIT. Guwahati)
Bhaskar Saha is a successful professional in animation design, Illustration and painting. He is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Multimedia Communication & Design, Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar, Assam, India since 2011. PhD form Department of Design , Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati), he is basically a visual artist turned animation & multimedia designer with his Bachelor of Visual Art from GCAC, Tripura University and Master of Science in Multimedia Technology from IKGPTU Jalandhar along with various Professional Diploma & Certificate in Animation & Multimedia. He has a wide experience of working in various national and International projects on Animation & Gaming Production in Data quest International Pvt. Ltd. Hyderabad, India and various organization. He played a key role as an Illustrator and Graphics Designer in Indo-German Participatory Natural Resource Management Project (IG-PNRMP), Tripura, India. His area of interest covers Animation & Multimedia, Story Boarding, Form & Aesthetics, Visual Art and Design, Graphics Design, Animation Design Techniques, 3D Modelling and Texturing, Cartoon Design, Gaming Design, Typography Design, Prototyping Design, Product Styling, Graphics Design, Bamboo craft Design, Design research. He is also associated with educational, social and culture activities in various region of this country.
|Recently Completed Assignment:|
|Head of the Department (HoD) in Multimedia Communication and Design, Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar (A Deem-to-be- University, Under MoE, GoI), Assam, India from June 2018 – June 2021|
- Singh YS, Saha B. Implementation of Digital Techniques Process Through the Storyboard for Better Understanding in Visual Narratives. In International Conference on Research into Design 2021 Jan 7 (pp. 753-763). Springer, Singapore.
- Nath S, Saha B. A Review: Representation of Women in Commercial Advertising and Impact in Indian Society. In International Conference on Research into Design 2021 Jan 7 (pp. 641-653). Springer, Singapore
- Bhattacharjee S, Saha B. An Empirical Study on Styling Trends and Concept Approach of Augmented Reality. InDesign for Tomorrow, Volume 3 2021 (pp. 849-861). Springer, Singapore.
- Chaudhuri S, Mishra M, Kshetrimayum RS, Sonkar RK, Bhattacharjee S, Saha B. High port-to-port isolation dual circularly polarised microstrip patch antenna with multifunction DGS. IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation. 2020 Sep 28;14(15):2035-44
- Antariksh Tiwari, Bhaskar Saha, Design Approach for Interactive Application of Multilingual Learning, Research Paper Presentation, Design Workshop (DeW 7.0), IIITDM Jabalpur, 2020 (Best Paper Selected).
- Brahma C, Saha B, Chakrabarti D. A Study on Design Concept for Comfortability of Dokhona – For Sustainability of Bodo Traditional Wear and Culture. In International Conference on Research into Design 2021 Jan 7 (pp. 911-922). Springer, Singapore.
- D Daga, H Saikiya, S Chattacherjee and B Saha, A Conceptual Design Approach for Women Safety Through Better Communication Design, 3rd National Conference on Information Technology & Security Applications 2021, Jaipur Engineering College and Research Centre, by Department of Information Technology, JECRC Jaipur on May 28-29, 2021. (Best Paper Selected).
- C Brahma, B Saha and D Chakrabarti, Tradition and Utility Artifact: Reference Bodo Tradition of Assam, 17th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment HWWE-2019.
- B Saha, A Chetterjee, D Chakrabarti, Implementation of Cartoon Character Design Pipeline Process Through Cognitive Approaches, 17th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment HWWE-2019. Abstract Proceeding
- B Saha, S Bhattacharjee, A Chattarjee, D Chakrabarti, Imperative Indian-ness in Indian Cartoon Character Design, 16th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment HWWE-2018. Abstract Proceeding
- A Choudhury, B Saha, S Bhattacharjee, A Chatterjee, D Chakrabarti, A Novel Way to Teach 3D Modeling for 3D Animation in Maya, 63rd Annual Technical Session of Assam Science Society, National Conference on Applied Sciences, 2018 (Best Poster awarded).
- A Senapati, B Saha and D Chakrabarti, Effect of Cartoon Network of School Going Children: An Empirical Study, 15th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment HWWE-2017.
- B Saha, A Senapati, and D Chakrabarti, Foreign Animation and Indian Kids Behaviour: An Innovative Survey, 15h International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment HWWE-2017
- Saha B, Chakrabarti D. Multimedia Support as Means for Motivating Slow Learners of Under Privileged Kokrajhar. 14th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment, December 2016, pp 549 – 551, ISBN Number: 978-93-83006-81-6.
CONTRIBUTION IN FDP, ACADEMIC & INDUSTRY COLLABURATION RESEARCH SEMINAR AND INDUSTRIAL TRAINING: MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATION & DESIGN PERSPECTIVES:
Faculty Development Program (FDP), Academic and Industry Collaboration Seminar etc.:
- As an Organizing Member in the National Webinar (Series – I) on “Means and Ways of Quality Enhancement of HEIs with reference to NEP 2020 and NAAC Accreditation” organized by Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar on 6th Aug 2021.
- As an Organizing Member in the National Webinar (Series – II) on “Research Innovations, Multidisciplinary Education, Challenges and Opportunities in Employability with Reference to NEP 2020” organized by Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar on “10th Aug 2021.
- As an Organizing Member in the National Webinar (Series – III) on “NEP 2020 – An Initiative to Transform the Landscape of Higher Education in India” organized by Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar on 16th Aug 2021.
- As a Convener in National Web Seminar on “Career Opportunities in Animation Design” organized by Department of Multimedia Communication and Design, Central Institute of Technology, (Deemed to be University MHRD, Govt. of India) Kokrajhar, Assam, INDIA on 17th Aug 2020.
- As a Coordinator at the faculty development programme on “Fermented Foods and Beverages”, organized by Department of Chemistry, Central Institute of Technology, (Deemed to be University MHRD, Govt. of India) Kokrajhar, Assam, INDIA from 18th Aug 2020 to 22nd Aug 2020.
- Contribution as organizing Committee member at 2nd International Conference on Future Aspects of Sustainable Technologies (FAST 2.0), Department of Chemistry, Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar (Deemed to be University MHRD, Govt. of India), Kokrajhar, on 20-21 October 2020 in virtual Platform.
- Organization of 5th ISI Workshop for the North East Region on Pattern Analysis and Applications (PAA-2018), MEMBER of the Organizing Committee (Design), organized jointly by Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Unit (CVPRU), INDIAN Statistical Institute (ISI) Kol & Dept. Of Computer Science and Engineering, CIT Kokrajhar, BTAD, Assam, February 5 – 8, 2018.
Academic & Industrial Training:
- Successfully completed Industrial Training in Township Civil Department, NTPC Bongaigoan, 2021 and submitted the topic of 3D Graphical Representation of NTPC Residential Gate through Aesthetic View Point” from 1st March 2021 to 15th March 2021.
- Successfully completed Industrial Training in online mode in Toon Boom Software and Digital Layout Design during the 1st Oct 2020 to 16th Oct 2020 in COVID-19 Period.
- Successfully completed the Short Term Training Programme on Environmental Pollution Testing organized by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata from 17th Feb, 2020 to 28th Feb, 2020.
- Participated in AICTE recognized Short Term Course on Learning Management System through ICT conducted by Educational Television Centre from 5th March, 2019 to 9th March, 2019 at CIT Kokrajhar, Assam-IN.
- Attended and actively participated in the Short- term course on “Design: Education, research & Innovation (DERI) held at IIT Guwahati, organized by the Department of Design, IITG on 2nd Feb – 6th Feb 2015.
- Awarded for having successfully completed a short term / In-house training programme on “Induction training” organized by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata from 3rd Aug 2015 to 7th Aug 2015.
- Awarded for having successfully completed a short term / In-house training programme on “Effective Implementation of Teaching – Learning System” organized by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata from 21st Jan Aug 2013 to 25th Jan 2013.
CONTRIBUTION & PERTICIPATION IN RESEARCH & EDUCATION WORKSHOP, SEMINAR, PAINTING EXHIBITION TRANING: MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATION & DESIGN PERSPECTIVES:
- Participated in the Art work Exhibition at INTITION International Online Art Show, June 2021, organized by BANHIYA KALA KENDRA.
- Participated in “National Level Online Art Competition 2020”, conducted by THE OFFICIAL INDIA and for the valuable contribution to Fight Against Covid-19 on 10th July, 2020.
- Participated in an International Webinar on “Challenges of Linguistic and Culture Researches during and post COVID crisis” organized by Centre for Linguistics and Cultural Studies, Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar, Assam, on 7th Aug 2020.
- Participated in Research Seminar Day and Workshop Organized jointly Springer Nature and CIT Kokrajhar on April 2019.
- Contributed as a designer in Workshop on ARC-GIS Applications in Engineering Projects and Ground Referencing, organized by Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar, Assam-IN on April 2018.
- Participated in International Workshop on Role of Technological Advances, Incubation Themes, and Engineering Skills (TAITES-2016), CIT Kokrajhar on 21st -23rd Jan,2016.
- Recognition and appreciation of participation on “A Novel Effort to Reach the Underprivileged” organized by Women Cell, Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar, Assam on March 2016.
- Participated in Seminar programme on “Production Technology “organized by Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, CIT Kokrajhar on September 2015.
- Participated in the “National Symposium on High Performance Computing” organized by Dept. of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering on May 2012.
- Participated in Painting Workshop & Exhibition organized by KARUKRIT a creative studio on workshop 8th – 10th June 2005 and exhibition 28th – 30th July 2005.
- Participated and Selected for display painting in Tripura Sate Art Exhibition-2004, jointly organized by Tripura Artist Society and All India Fine Art & Crafts Society New Delhi.
- Painting Selected for Exhibition in Gallery of the Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata, November 2004.
- Participated in the Tripura State level NSS Festival organized by Sate NSS Cell, Dept. of Education (Higher), Govt. of Tripura on 12th – 14th January 2002.
Summer, winter and spring internship are available for enthusiastic aspirants of BVA, BFA, B Des, MFA, MVA, M Des, Bachelor & Master in Animation & Multimedia and other UG/PG students in the following areas:
Visual/Fine Art, Graphics Design, 2D Character Design, 3D Modeling and Texturing, Animation & Multimedia, Illustration, Branding & Advertisement, Story Boarding Concept, Product Styling, Observation and Creativity, Typography Design[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]