Welcome to the Department of Multimedia Communication and Design
The department, formerly known as Department of Animation and Multimedia Technology started in the year 2009. Initially the department offers 3 year diploma programme in Animation and Multimedia Technology to prepare students to make a career in the field of Animation and other related industries. Many students successfully passed out from the department and are doing well in their respective fields.
The department has been upgraded and renamed as the Department of Multimedia Communication and Design (MCD) in 2015 to widen up its scope and started its Under Graduate Bachelor of Design programme from July 2016. In the year 2019, the department started its Post Graduate programme as part of the DeNovu category specialization. The department currently offers diploma programme of 3 year / 6 semester with specialization in Animation and Multimedia Technology, Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) programme of 4 year / 8 semester with specialization in Multimedia Communication and Design and Master of Design (M. Des.) of 2 year / 4 semester with specialization in Multimedia Communication and Design. Earlier the Bachelor of Design programme was affiliated to Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati and the Diploma programme was affiliated to State Council of Technical Education, Govt. of Assam. The M. Des., B. Des. and Diploma programme has been started under CITK’s own academic affiliation from 2019 onwards after the institute has been declared Deemed-to-be-University. The department currently offers PhD degree also under CITK’s own academic affiliation.
“Design creates culture. Culture shapes values. Values determine the future.”
Robert L. Peters
Our curriculum is meticulously crafted to blend theory with hands-on experience, providing students with a holistic education that prepares them for the dynamic world of multimedia and design. From foundational courses to advanced specializations, our programs empower students to master industry-relevant skills, fostering creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. With a focus on real-world applications, our curriculum equips graduates to excel in their chosen careers and make a lasting impact in the field of multimedia communication and design.
To be updated very soon
- Expert Talk Event – Invited speaker: Mr. Thomas Grey Manih (Senior Chief Designer, SAMSUNG Research Institute Bangalore). 10th December 2021.
- Workshop on 3D modelling and Animation. Resource person: Mr. Pinaki Dhar (3D animator and Director). 20th November 2021.
- Web seminar on “Career opportunities in Animation Design”. Resource person: Mr. Ashish Kulkarni (Chairman, FICCI), Mr. Sarankumar N (Technicolor India), Mr. Mukul Chakrabarty (Technicolor India). 17th August 2020.
- Paper cutting and model making workshop
- Acting workshop
- Photography workshop
- Lecture events
- JPEG events organized by students of MCD
- Students design studio exhibitions