[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Dr. Abhijit Padun
(Assistant Professor & Head of Department)
B. Tech. (NIT Hamirpur, HP), M. Des. (IIT Guwahati), PhD (IIT Guwahati)
Abhijit Padun is a graphic and communication designer with experience and expertise on various design domains. With over 12 years of core professional experience in various design domains and over 6 years of academic experience at CIT Kokrajhar he loves to explore new dimensions in the field of design education and design research. Apart from this, his interest area also covers Visual Communication, Typography, Web Design, Interface Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Branding, 2D/3D Animation, Infographics and Visual Merchandising.
As a professional he was associated initially with international award winning design consultancy firm Nexus Design Projects Pvt. Ltd., based in New Delhi and later on moved to Desmania Design Pvt. Ltd., which is considered one of India’s top design agency in product design domain. During his professional tenure he worked for clients such as Whirlpool, Timex, HCL, Rayban, Sony, Perot systems, Technopak Advisors, GSK, P&G and many more MNC’s as well as Indian companies. His expertise covers a wide domain ranging from visual communication, branding, interface design, print and digital media design, product design, packaging design, exhibition design, retail design, web design and many more.
Academic background: He did his B. Tech. in Civil Engg. from NIT Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh and then Masters in Design from IIT Guwahati, Assam. Currently he is pursuing his Ph.D. from IIT Guwahati (Thesis submitted).
- Invited as a Jury member for INSPIRE Manak Award, organized by National Innovation Foundation, GOI, Jan 2022.
- Invited Talk on “Assamese Typography” in the talk event “Talklai” hosted by NID Jorhat, Assam, India. 2nd July 2021.
- Invited talk on the topic “Design considerations into Application of New Media Technologies and its future scope” at Weekly Research Seminar Series hosted by CIT Kokrajhar on 4th March, 2020.
- Invited talk on “Choosing a Career” at NSS national meet hosted by CIT Kokrajhar on February, 2020.
- Conducted 10 days workshop on Web design and technology at Tezpur University, Dept. of Mass Communication in 2019.
- Resource speaker and workshop conductor at IEEE National workshop on Graphics and Presentation Technique for Engineers, held at IIT Guwahati by IEEE Student branch in 2013.
- Speaker and workshop conductor at Workshop on Graphic Design Tools and Technique organized by M.Des. Programme at IIT Delhi in 2011.
List of Publications (as corresponding author)
- Padun, A. & Das A. K. (2021). Significance of Assamese script and its progression from traditional media to a digital platform: An exploration. The Heritage (Aitihya): Multilingual Research Journal on Indology. ISSN 2229-5399. UGC CARE Listed Research Journal.
- Padun, A. & Das A. K. (2021). Typeface design for cultural identity – An exploration with Assamese typeface design and its future scope. ICoRD 2021 – Design for Tomorrow—Volume 1, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies 221, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0041-8_46
- Padun, A. & Das A. K. (2020). Digital identity for Assamese script: Challenges and possibilities. NCRAST 2020 – 3rd National Conference on Recent Advances in Science and Technology. Organised by ASTU, Assam.
- Padun, A. & Das A. K. (2019). Exploring historical letterforms to design unique Assamese typeface for digital devices: Experimenting possibilities. TYPODAY 2019 – International Conference on Typography
- Padun, A. & Das A. K. (2019). Study of Assamese letterform and its structure: An exploratory approach. (A. Chakrabarti, Eds.). ICoRD 2019 – Research into Design for a Connected World. (doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-5974-3_13)
- Padun, A. & Das A. K. (2018). Designing a new Assamese typeface for digital media: Challenges and possibilities. Journal of Assam Science Society (JASS). Assam Science Soc. Vol. 58. No. 1 / June 2017; Pp. 14 – 24 / ISSN 0587-1921
List of publications (as co-author)
- Roy, A. Padun, P. P. Singh. (2021). Game-Based Learning for the Awareness of Culture & Tradition: An Exploratory Case Study on the Indigenous Naga Tribe. ICoRD 2021 – Design for Tomorrow—Volume 1, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies 222, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0119-4_24
- Verma, A. Padun. (2021). Calligraphic Typesetting Exploration of Religious Scriptures to Resurrect the Emotional and Spiritual Connection Originally Existed in the Traditional Penmanship. . ICoRD 2021 – Design for Tomorrow—Volume 1, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies 221, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0041-8_23
- Susmita Roy, Pankaj P. Singh, Abhijit Padun. (2021). Preserving the tradition and culture of North East India through digital and interactive game based learning for children. International Conference on “Designing for Children with focus on Play and Learn”. 28th-30th January 2021. IDC School of Design, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Abhay Verma, Abhijit Padun. (2021). Exploring the semantic way of teaching English alphabet to the children of Indian vernacular medium schools. International Conference on “Designing for Children with focus on Play and Learn”. 28th-30th January 202. IDC School of Design, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Rosaline Regon, Abhijit Padun. (2020). Destination branding through travel vlogs: Exploring alternative tourism possibilities in Assam. NCRAST 2020 – 3rd National Conference on Recent Advances in Science and Technology. Organised by ASTU, Assam.
- Upasana Baruah, Abhijit Padun. (2020). Role of E-learning contents on agriculture: An exploration on E-learning content design for paddy cultivation process in Assam. NCRAST 2020 – 3rd National Conference on Recent Advances in Science and Technology. Organised by ASTU, Assam.
- Susmita Roy, Abhijit Padun. (2018). Teaching Graphic Design to undergraduate students: An exploratory approach on reflective teaching methodology. INSIGHT 2018 (Nov. 2018) International Conference organized by NID Ahmedabad.